Summer is almost over, but you can make the best out of what’s left by trying these easy steps for sexy beach waves.
- Find a good beach product, a sea salt infused styling spray, and spray a generous amount on your hair.
- Make sure that your hair gets about 50% wet with product and then braid your hair. The braid will create a natural-looking pattern.
- Sit outdoors and let the sun do its magic. Do not undo the braid until you feel that your hair is almost dry.
- Undo the braid, spray more product, and scrunch your hair up.
If you’ve already got naturally wavy hair, you can get away with products that have a light texture, if not, choose something that is richer. But no matter what, remember not to spray the product directly on your scalp and pick products with UV protection.
Ta da, Instagram-worthy beach waves.
Credits: Marshall Lin (hair); Janet Liu (make-up); Kenneth Sim (photography); Magdalena Martynowizc (model)
As summer comes to an end, we reminisce about the exhilarating projects the season has brought. Here, the Sirin Bloom Electric Blooms collection campaign, which truly captures the essence of a cool, (not cruel), cool summer. Sexy beach waves we will miss you and your effortless spirit.
Hair: Marshall Lin
Model: Magdalena Martynowizc
Photography: Kenneth Sim
Make-up: Janet Liu
People often ask me why their hair still looks and feels dry even after using the best hair treatment products. One of the reasons for that are open hair cuticles. When you wash your hair with hot water, the cuticles open up and the goodness from the products get absorbed in, but if you don’t seal the cuticles after, even the most expensive products will seem ineffective because your hair will not retain any of it.
Here is one of the most effective ways to seal those cuticles:
- Wet a towel that is big enough for your head with cold water from the tap. Avoid using ice-cold water because you don’t want to “shock” your scalp.
- Place the towel on your scalp and hair with a little bit of pressure until the towel is no longer cold. Do this every time after conditioning your hair. The towel ensures that your scalp gets a longer and more direct contact with cold water than just simply rinsing it under cold water. It’s also going to be a lot more comfortable for you in the dead of winter.
It’s the cheapest treatment out there. You’ll notice a healthier scalp, and softer hair as your hair shaft can finally retain moisture. Think of this like putting toner on your face. You hair will thank you for this.
This fall, THE hair message is cooler than thou, and an edgy, I-woke-up-like-this bob is the way to send it. It is no secret, but the trick to achieving this look is to get the right cut from your hairstylist because the look depends so much on achieving the right texture, layers and angle. Your hairstylist will be able to take a look at your facial features and body shape to decide what works best. Ideally, the best lengths for this look are about an inch below your collar bone or an inch below your jaw line.
Keep your hair color on the cool side to complement the style – think dark ash, light platinum blonde, or pearl tones.
Once you’ve gotten your cut and color all set, simply wash, add mousse, shake, and go. Want to put in a little more effort? Give your hair a light touch with the curling iron. Simple.